- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 4 breast half, bone and skin removed (blank)s skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Separate shells and let stand, so they are not touching, on waxed paper or foil.
- Step 2
In large skillet over medium heat, combine chicken, onion, egg and bread crumbs. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Season with oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in three-quarters of the shredded mozzarella and cheddar; cook until cheeses melt.
- Step 3
Fill shells with chicken mixture, using a tablespoon, and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover the shells with the tomato sauce and top with the reserved cheese. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly.